How Much Can a Ram 1500 Tow?
If you’ve heard anything about the 2019 RAM 1500, you already know that it’s one of the most dominant trucks in the industry–and that it’s only gaining ground. However, if you’re engaged in heavy work near Toledo or Marshalltown, you’ll still have to ask, “How much can a RAM 1500 tow?” Quite a lot, as it turns out: The 2019 RAM 1500 towing capacity tops out at 12,750 pounds. That’s more than enough to handle most drivers’ heaviest loads.
Ram 1500 Engines & Capacities
The 2019 RAM 1500 is available with three powertrain setups, and even the base option provides some impressive capabilities! Compare them all and find the RAM 1500 engine that’s right for you:
- 3.6L Pentastar® V6 Engine with eTorque
- With 305 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque, you’ll be able to tow up to 7,730 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® V8 Engine
- The HEMI® V8 delivers 395 hp and 410 lb-ft of torque and allows you to tow up to 11,610 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® Engine with eTorque
- The above engine can also be paired with eTorque to deliver a Best-in-Class* V8 towing capacity of 12,750 pounds. The basic horsepower and torque specs remain unchanged.
Each is paired with a Class-Exclusive TorqueFlite® 8-speed automatic transmission, for smoother shifts and more efficient drives. Payload capacity will range from 2,100 to 2,300 pounds, depending on the weight of the RAM 1500 configuration you select.
More Features for Easier Towing
Engine power is just one of the factors that allow the 2019 RAM 1500 towing capacity to reach such impressive heights! This half-ton pickup might not work quite as hard as the heavy-duty RAM 2500, but with the following towing features, it’s safe to say that it doesn’t have to:
- RAM has equipped every new 1500 with a TorqueFlite® transmission and eTorque mild hybrid technology. Together, they boost towing power while maximizing your fuel economy.
- For added stopping power on the streets of Cedar Rapids or Williamsburg, the RAM 1500 offers Largest-in-Class* Brakes.
- If you want to tow with confidence, you’ll need the latest safety features. That’s why the RAM 1500 is available with Blind Spot Monitoring and Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection.
Get Behind the Wheel of Your New RAM 1500 Today!
You’ve answered the question, “How much can a RAM 1500 tow?” However, if you’re anything like most of our friends and neighbors, you’re going to have more questions! Contact us today to get the answers you need, or cut out the middleman and get a hands-on feel today! Contact us online to schedule a test drive in any new RAM model we have.
Not sure if the RAM 1500 is the right pickup for you? Explore our full truck inventory or check out the Chevy Silverado towing capacity today! The Thys Automotive Family is proud to offer both models, and we can also help you learn about diesel vs. gas pros and cons!
*Class based on Light-Duty pickup
Learn More with Thys Automotive Family
If you’ve heard anything about the 2019 RAM 1500, you already know that it’s one of the most dominant trucks in the industry–and that it’s only gaining ground. However, if you’re engaged in heavy work near Toledo or Marshalltown, you’ll still have to ask, “How much can a RAM 1500 tow?” Quite a lot, as…
The 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity maxes out at 12,200 pounds, making it one of the top-performing titans in the full-size pickup segment. With a maximum payload capacity of 2,543 pounds, it’s more than capable of hauling heavy cargo, too! With five compelling engines to choose from, it’s no wonder that drivers from Marshalltown…