2020 RAM 1500 Towing Capacity
When properly equipped, how much can a RAM 1500 tow? The RAM 1500 is ready to hit your job sites with up to 12,750 pounds of towing might. Those 12,750 pounds earn it a best-in-class V8 towing maximum. Below, the team at Thys Automotive Family looks at how RAM safety and performance features do their part to boost the RAM 1500 towing capacity, keeping the 1500 at the top of the pack!
RAM 1500 Towing Capacity: Engine Specs
How much can a RAM 1500 tow at each of the six available trim levels? The answer depends on the engine options on your trim level of choice. All four engines are paired with the standard class-exclusive TorqueFlite® 8-speed automatic transmission for smooth and efficient shifting. Take a look at the specs:
2020 RAM 1500 Engines
- 3.6L V6 24V VVT eTorque — Produces 305 horsepower and 269 lb-ft of torque. Towing capacity maxes out at 7,730 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® V8 — Produces up to 395 horsepower and 410 lb-ft of torque, and tows a max of 11,610 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® V8 with eTorque — Produces 395 horsepower and 410 lb-ft of engine torque, but ups maximum towing power to 12,750 pounds.
- 3.0L EcoDiesel V6 — Produces up to 260 horsepower and 480 lb-ft of torque. This diesel configuration can tow a max of 12,560 pounds—the highest diesel towing capacity in its class!
Depending on the trim, the 2020 RAM truck bed can handle a max payload between 2,100 and 2,300 pounds. Looking for an upgrade on the RAM 1500 towing capacity? The heavy-duty RAM 2500 will give your Williamsburg jobs a major boost with a max 15,040 pounds of towing power!
RAM 1500 Towing Capacity: Features
As you weigh your RAM truck options, here’s a point to consider: how much can the RAM 1500 tow without advanced towing performance features? The truth is, the RAM 1500 can’t get the job done on engine power alone. The 1500 is equipped with some of the most advanced features in its class to keep you steady while hauling supplies through Marshalltown. Below, take a look at just a few of the towing safety and performance features you’ll find on the 1500:
- TorqueFlite® Transmission — Working in tandem with the eTorque mild hybrid system, this transmission helps the RAM 1500 earn up to 20/25 city-highway mpg ratings.
- Largest-in-Class Brakes — The RAM 1500’s 14.9-inch brakes are the largest in the class, getting you greater stopping power on and off the road in Blairsville.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection — This available safety system keeps an eye on your blind zones, automatically accounting for trailer length.
- Multi-Function Tailgate — An available 60/40 split tailgate gives you more ways to access the truck bed even while you handle heavy loads.
Test Drive a 2020 RAM 1500 for Sale in Marshalltown!
Our team is happy to help with any part of the car-buying process! Contact Thys Automotive Family to compare the RAM 1500 towing capacity to competitors, and explore more RAM features. Find great new vehicle specials for Marshalltown and Cedar Rapids-area drivers at our finance center, and browse our wide selection of 2020 models to choose your favorite RAM truck!
More From Thys Automotive Family
Drivers in the Marshalltown market for a new SUV have probably considered the 2020 Chevy Equinox. Not only does this compact SUV control like a dream, it also excels in the fuel economy department. Read below for a guide to 2020 Chevy Equinox gas mileage from Thys Automotive Family. New Equinox Inventory Value Your Trade Contact Us…
Jeep vehicles are known for their performance prowess and off-road capability, but when it comes to the cabin, the 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee inventory gives drivers in the Marshalltown area a touch of luxury. Explore the Grand Cherokee dimensions, technology, and features at Thys Automotive Family. We can’t wait to show you what the Grand Cherokee inventory…
When properly equipped, how much can a RAM 1500 tow? The RAM 1500 is ready to hit your job sites with up to 12,750 pounds of towing might. Those 12,750 pounds earn it a best-in-class V8 towing maximum. Below, the team at Thys Automotive Family looks at how RAM safety and performance features do their part to…